1. Good lord, life can be overwhelming.
2. It’s basically a tapestry of work stress, family drama, heartbreak, bad traffic, too little money, too much belly fatÄ
Ätoo little sleep, too many dirty dishes, holes in your favorite jeans, missed connections, long lines, dropped calls, bacne, hangovers, shaving nicks, broken promises, lost pens, terse emails, burnt toast, clogged drains, pulled muscles, pet funerals, people funerals, insurance claims, kitchen plants that wither and fade no matter what you do to save them, accidental left-swipes, forgotten passwords, split ends, horrible coffee, ideas that sounded good at the time, cracked screens, crying in public, crying in private, Sunday nights, Monday mornings, lost luggage, chipped teeth, IMs from your boss that say hey, got a minute?, uncontrollable hiccups, other people describing their dreams, bruised apples, litigation, feeling unheard, feeling unseen, feeling upset with yourself for being upset in the first place, worrying that you will never do the things that in your wild little heart you know you have to do to be whole, and paper cuts.
3. Luckily, there exists this very zen dog.
4. This lovely rainfall.
5. This dappled sunset.
6. This peaceful reader ã a relic from your childhood, maybe? ã and her even more peaceful companion.
7. This waterfall that doesn’t stop for anybody’s shit.
8. This coffee that I bet you can smell right now.
9. This cat getting a massage.
10. This brushstroke so luscious it borders on pornographic.
Apparently if you follow the paintbrush with your eyes, it functions as a technique to calm anxiety.
11. This one also, for good measure.
12. This tiny solitary house.
13. This sun-bleached ocean.
14. This machine that makes Pop-Tarts.
15. This rad bike.
16. This pair of escalators descending and ascending in perpetuity.
17. This delicately bobbing cat.
18. These bracing snowflakes.
19. These cozy flames.
20. This world that is so much bigger than you will ever be or know.
21. If all else fails, press this button.
We will be great.