Jenny Chang / Lifestyle Hacker
1. Know the differences between American-, British-, and European-cut suits.
And learn what different fabrics look like.
2. When it comes to buttons, follow these easy rules.
3. Before you throw on that shirt with that tie, STOP! And take a look at these helpful color and pattern combos.
4. This helpful guide to patterns can also help. From the center: suit, shirt, and tie combos.
5. Speaking of patterns, here’s a helpful guide to punchy plaids.
6. If you’re buying a suit, you should definitely try these ~quirky~ tricks.
HUG IT OUT!
7. Once you’ve got your suit figured out, you can pick the best shoes to go with it.
8. And about that suit Here’s how it should fit.
9. Still confused? Here’s a more detailed guide on how pants, shirts, and jackets should fit.
10. Here’s a helpful guide to the difference between different pants lengths. Typically, you’ll want something between a half and quarter break.
But it’s helpful to see what your options are.
11. Know your collar.
12. But wait! Maybe you’re in the market for a tux? Consider these rulesthat you should break.
13. First things first: Here are what colors go with other colors.
14. For the best sleeve roll ever, try this simple technique.
15. Figuring out the difference between business casual and smart casual and semi-formal can drive you batcrackers. This should help:
16. Looking for a simple way not to muck it up? May we suggest:
Not that you needed to be told not to wear a Guy Fieri fire shirt.