If you don’t know who Celeste Barber is, we suggest you head on over to her Instagram account and start following her right now. That is, if you have a sense of humor.
We all know what it’s like when you finally take that half-decent selfie, only to start scrolling through your Instagram feed and begin comparing yourself to all those perfect celebrity selfies. What seemed like a nice picture of yourself to post suddenly doesn’t seem like such a good idea anymore. It tends to happen a lot because these days everything we see online has been photoshopped, slapped with a couple of filters and set up to perfection. Basically, it isn’t real.
Luckily, we have Celeste Barber to remind us of just how unrealistic these selfies really are. Once you see her try to recreate these selfies you compared yourself to, you’ll remember that unless you have the perfect photographer, an immaculate wardrobe and a face that never looks bad (see: no one), it’s absolutely impossible to be that perfect.
1. Who else could make cooking look this carefree and easy other than Chrissy Teigen? Celeste Barber provides a more accurate representation of regular people cooking.
2. Bella Hadid somehow makes this awkward pose look natural. Barber shows us how strange this photo really is when you start to think about what your neighbors would say if they saw you drop down on your lawn and start a random photoshoot.
3. Another picture where if you really look at it, you start to just wonder why. Like, why does Kim Kardashian make posing next to garbage look appealing? No idea.
4. If you want to see a plethora of pictures that would look absolutely terrible with anyone else in them, see: Emily Ratajkowski. Aside from everything that makes it easier for celebs to look good in pictures, Ratajkowski is just one of those lucky people who are actually photogenic. How else could you explain how she manages to make standing in shrubbery while holding a lemon seem artistic? Strangely, it’s Barber’s version that resonates more with me.
5. Kendall Jenner is another Emily Ratajkowski, and Barber is all of us attempting to recreate their look.